Michael Jackson Facts
* Thriller sells 15 million copies every year
* History became the largest sold dual disc album of all time from 1996-2009
* Michael Jackson beat Mariah Carey to the largest number of number one singles in the BillBoard hot 100
* Michael Jackson became the largest earning artist of all time with THIS IS IT
* Michael Jackson was a billionaire at 18
* Michael Jackson’s Victory Tour (1983) became the most watched TV show in history after Elvis Prestley’s Summer Of 69 Tour and Elvis Funeral
* Michael Jacksons single performance of BILLIE JEAN at the MOTOWN yesterday, today and forever concert attracted a crowd viewership of 2 billion people surpassing his own VICTORY TOUR
* Michael Jackson’s BAD album had all its singles debuting at Number 1 in the billboard 100
* Michael’s BAD WORLD TOUR was the highest earned concert of all time with 75 concerts and earning him $200 million
* Michael’s BLACK OR WHITE single was in the Guinness record for being the largest watched music video ever after Thriller breaking the record held by Beatles in 1992
* Michael won a record of 7 Grammys for the THRILLER Album
* Michael received the best composer award Grammy for LIBERIAN GIRL and SMOOTH CRIMINAL from the BAD album
* Michael received Bambi music awards from 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002
* Michael was nick named THE KING OF POP by Elizabeth Taylor
* Michael’s HISTORY album had 6 singles opening at number 1 at the Billboard Top 100
* Michael’s MOONWALKER received the Best Children’s Picture Award at the International Film Awards
* Michael’s MOONWALKER nets $100 million
* Michael donated his rhinestone studded violet glove for the 2006 tsunami victims that earned around $600,355 million
* Michael invited over 1,000 families to Neverland
* Michael sponsored the education of 10,000 kids through the HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION
* Michael’s HEAL THE WORLD helped the African Famine victims which net around $150 million
* Michael was honored by President Regan with the Highest Civil Award in America
* Michael Jackson donated the entire amount he received from Pepsi, to open a “Michael Jackson Burn center” for Victims of fire to be treated. A reported $200 million was paid by Pepsi as a respect to MJ
* Michael Jackson’s HEAL THE WORLD became the world Peace anthem in 1992 as adopted by the UN
* Michael Jacksons THRILLER became the anthem of POP in 2009 after his death
* Michael’s THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US becomes the hardest hitting and most controversial song addressing social ills in world history
* Michael Jackson was inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Twice
* Michael’s SMOOTH CRIMINAL became the anthem Of FUNK and JAZZ in 1997
* Michael Jacksons THIS IS IT was opened only for limited amount of time and became the highest grossing movie of the year 2009
* Michael Jacksons DANGEROUS WORLD TOUR was attended by 65 million people across 4 continents and around 50 countries netting a total worth of $300 million
* Michael Jacksons HISTORY TOUR beat the DANGEROUS WORLD TOUR and had 80 million people watching MJ perform live earning a total worth of $400 million that spanned 5 continents and 75 countries
* Michael’s memorial (2009) was the largest viewed event in world history with a viewership of 35 billion people worldwide
* Michael was in the Guinness records for the 5th time for the THIS IS IT Concert Tour and became the largest sold and fastest selling ticket concert in world history
* Michael was in the Guinness record for the 4th time for the anti-gravity shoes he developed for Smooth Criminal
* Michael’s moonwalk was declared the SINGLE BEST CELEBRITY BODY LANGUAGE by the Rock and Roll Association
* Michael was awarded the life time achievement music award BAMBY awards in 2002
* Michael won a total of 13 Grammys during his career
* Michael won a total of 26 American Music Awards
* Michael won a total of 12 World Music Awards
* Michael earned a record 1 billion album sales world wide
* Michael’s THRILLER25 sold 50 million copies worldwide
* Michael’s OFF THE WALL was certified platinum 10 times by the recording industry
* Michael’s THRILLER was certified platinum 30 times by the recording industry
* Michael’s BAD was certified platinum 20 times by the recording industry
* Michael’s DANGEROUS was certified platinum 20 times by the recording industry
* Michael’s HISTORY was certified platinum 15 times by the recording industry
* Michael’s INVINCIBLE was certified platinum 5 times by the recording industry
* Michae’’s Motown years: Forever Michael, Music and Me, Ben, Abc, Soul Bubble Gum, Ill Be There and Dancing Machine were certified platinum 3 times by the recording industry
* Michael’s BLOOD ON DANCE FLOOR sold 75 million copies worldwide and become the Highest Sold Remix Album Of All Time
* Michael was the first person in the 50 year history of the Billboard chart to enter straight in at No1, with his single “Thriller”, “Smooth Criminal”, “Dangerous”, “Black or white”, “History” “You Are Not Alone”.
* Michael was in the Guinness Book of World Records For The highest-ever viewership for the Superbowl Halftime Show with 133.4 million viewers of the NBC transmission of Super Bowl XXVII on June 31, 1993.
* Michael’s THRILLER, SMOOTH CRIMINAL, HEAL THE WORLD, YOU ROCK MY WORLD, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US, YOUR NOT ALONE, all spent 100 weeks in the billboard 100.
* Michael’s album premiers consistently ranked at 1 in US from 1977-2002
* Michael remained at 1-5 in 1977-2002 at German, UK, Europe, French, Spain, Italy, Rome and Japan pop and metal charts
* Michael Jackson is the only artist to have sold 500 million records + outside US
* Michael’s INVINCIBLE was declared The Most Technically Accomplished And Beautifully Mixed Studio Album Of All Time
* President George H. W. Bush commended Michael for his achievements and presented him with the White House’s special “Artist of the Decade” award in recognition of his musical influence during the 1970s-1990s.
* President Obama awarded Jackson with the speech “The day the music died” during a press release and conferred the ARTISTS OF THE CENTURY award on Michael Jackson, Elvis and Beatles.
* Michael was listed in the 2000 book of Guinness World Records for his support of more charities than any other entertainer or personality.
* Michael supported 39 charities through cash donations and sponsorships.
* Michael was the “Most searched” celeb of 2009
* Michael Jackson’s death crashed the internet on June 25, 2009: google, wiki, youtube, yahoo, msn
* Michael released his first autobiography, Moon Walk, in 1988. The book took four years to write and detailed alleged abuse Jackson suffered as a child and his personal feelings and cares for the world. The book topped the New York Times best seller’s list of 10 all time best sellers.
* In June 1999, Michael organized a series of benefit concerts in Germany and Korea. He recruited Slash, The Scorpions, Boyz II Men, Luther Vandross, Mariah Carey, A. R. Rahman, Prabhu Deva Sundaram, Shobana Chandrakumar, Andrea Bocelli and Luciano Pavarotti for the Michael Jackson and Friends concerts. The proceeds were donated to the “Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund”, the Red Cross and UNESCO.
* MJ and ARR join to perform EKAM SATYAM in 1996 at Mumbai that still holds the largest concert ever in Indian soil with a record 25 lakh participants
* Michael Jackson and Pavarottii teamed up for a benefit concert in Modena, Italy in June 1999. The concert was focused on support of the non-profit organization Warchild. The artists raised a million dollars for the refugees of Kosovo and also donated money to help the children of Guatemala.
* When Ryan White, a hemophiliac teen from Indiana was kicked out of school in 1985 because he contracted HIV from a contaminated blood treatment, Michael Jackson became one of his advocates. After White’s death in 1990, Jackson pleaded with the Clinton Administration at Bill Clinton’s Inaugural Gala for more funding for HIV/AIDS charities and research.
* Michaels’ EARTH SONG was declared the World Environment Day song
* Michael Jackson started the Dangerous World Tour on June 27, 1992 and completed it on November 11, 1993, after entertaining 35 million people at 67 concerts. All of the profits from the concerts were donated to the Heal the World Foundation.
* Michael Jackson founded the “Heal the World Foundation” in 1992. The charity organization brought underprivileged children to Jackson’s Neverland ranch to ride theme park rides the singer had built on the property. Heal the World also gave millions of dollars to help children around the world who were threatened by war and illnesses.
* From 1985 to 1990, Michael Jackson donated $500,000 to the United Negro College Fund.
* Michael Jackson donated 100 percent of the profits from his single “Man in the Mirror” to charity.
* Michael’s MAN IN THE MIRROR became the “MOST POWERFUL VOCALS song of the century
* During the Bad World Tour, Michael Jackson played to sold out crowds and earned Guinness World records when 504,000 fans packed Wembley Stadium for each of the seven sold out shows and the tour grossed $125 million. During all of this, Jackson invited underprivileged children to the shows and donated to hospitals, orphanages and other charities.
* THRILLER and SMOOTH CRIMINAL were declared the “MOST IRRESTIBLE DANCE MUSIC of all time” by the USA DJ association
* THE JACKSON 5 became the only band in world history to have its first 6 single top the charts in debut in 1971-1995
* MUSIC and ME by Michael Jackson at the age of 5 enters the Guinness records for the best performance as a child artist to get a platinum record
* THIS IS IT was to be the first 3D concert in world history
* MJs Neverland is the largest piece of estate owned by any celebrity in world history measuring 3600 acres.
* MJ wrote 100’s of songs and sifted through over 700 songs before selecting the 9 tracks of thriller.
* Half of the Bad tracks were sung during Thriller era but released only in 1985-89 for BAD
* Half of Dangerous tracks were sung during BAD but released only in 1991-94 for DANGEROUS
* Half of HISTORY tracks were sung during DANGEROUS but released only in 1996-1999 for HISTORY
* MJ decided the beat of his songs according to the dance unlike artists who write and compose or compose and write, MJ dances and composes
* MJ recorded the lyrics, melody, and sounds into a recorder and sang it from memory other than writing it down on paper
* SMOOTH CRIMINAL was declared to be the FASTEST COMPOSED SONG IN HISTORY – in less than ONE hour MJ coordinated the whole vocal and orchestra arrangement and sang the song
* MJ earned the highest royalty rate in the industry from 1977-2001
* MJ bought 50% stake of the BEATLES, SHAKIRA, EMINEM and ELVIS
* MJs MUSIC CATALOGUE IS WORTH 25 BILLION (2009)
* With THRILLER and BAD, MJ played an instrumental role in establishing the position of MTV and SONY entertainment the way it is today
* As of 2009, THRILLER sold 700 million copies sales all over the world.
* As of 2009 HISTORY sold 250 million copies sales worldwide
* As of 2009 BAD sold 350 million sales copies worldwide
* As of 2009 DANGEROUS sold 300 million copies sales worldwide
* As of 2009 INVINCIBLE sold 100 million copies sales worldwide
* MJ was awarded the “SUPREME ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME” by the ROCK AND ROLL ARTISTs Association.